These homemade treats are healthy and delicious to dogs! Amanda of Grady Veterinary Hospital walks you step-by-step through each recipe.
‘My Dog is My Baby’ Treat Recipe
- 2 cups wheat flour
- 2 jars of baby food. We chose Chicken Gravy. (any kind without onion or onion powder, macadamia nuts or grapes)
- Mix flour and baby food well, until it forms a ball of dough
- Place dough onto a sheet of wax paper, cover with wax paper and roll out to 1/4″ thick
- Place on cookie sheet
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes
Makes about 70 treats. Store them in a paper bag. If placed in an airtight container, the treats might get soft.
Peanut Butter Banana Treat Recipe
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup oat flour
- 2/3 cup oats
- 1/2 cup dried parsley
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter (make sure it does NOT have xylitol)
- 1 beaten egg
- Mush banana in a bowl
- Mix in oat flour, oats, parsley, peanut butter and eggs
- Add water if needed to form a dough
- Spoon onto cookie sheet and flatten out with spoon
- Bake at 300 degrees for 40-45 minutes
Store treats in the fridge for 7-10 days. You can freeze them, but thaw them before giving to your dog.
Watch the Dog Treat Recipe Video
Watch the video: Make these 2 Amazing and Easy Treats for Your Dog